[Phoenix] Drafts are changing—here’s what you need to know

Figma announcements op figma.com
Di Jun 4 00:24:07 CEST 2024

Hi there,

For users on a Starter or Professional team, we're relocating where your drafts
live. Starting this week, you'll be asked to move your drafts into a team space.
You may not see this prompt immediately, as we'll be rolling out this update
over the next few days.

HERE'S WHAT TO EXPECT:

 * Your drafts are now in a space called “Drafts to move”. You'll be prompted to
   move files into a drafts space within the team of your choosing. All drafts
   will need to be associated with a team.
 * Within each team you're a member of, you will have your own private draft
   space. When you move your drafts to a team, they will still be private.
 * Editors of a draft will need to be full members of that team. We will reset
   editors who are not full members to viewers so you don't experience any
   unexpected paid seats. Thus, you or your admin may need to re-grant edit
   access to these collaborators.
 * You can move your drafts at once into the appropriate teams—or create a free
   Starter team for all your drafts.
 * You will still be able to create and edit drafts free of charge.

WHY WE'RE MAKING THIS CHANGE

As we consider the design of Figma's platform moving forward, we found that our
current drafts model—where drafts live outside of teams—causes unclear
ownership, lack of team association, and inconsistent product experiences. To
solve these problems, we're making drafts on Starter and Professional plans
consistent with our other Figma plans. For more context about this change, check
out this blog post and video
[https://figma.com/blog/updates-to-how-drafts-work/?utm_source=figma&utm_medium=email&utm_content=blog].

Learn more
[https://figma.com/blog/updates-to-how-drafts-work/?utm_source=figma&utm_medium=email&utm_content=blog]

Have additional questions about how this impacts you? Check out our FAQs on the
Help Center
[https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/18409526530967-Updates-to-how-drafts-work].

Figma is a design platform for teams who build products together. Born on the
Web, Figma helps the entire product team create, test, and ship better designs,
faster.

Figma
[https://static.figma.com/uploads/a9c9c230c0a9395f5eaa1c4acb6ee89d13782987]
https://figma.com/@figma